Thursday, March 3, 2011

Visits, Playdates, Change

This one is for you, Judy. Aren't you proud? These are two really good dads...and good friends to each other as well.

We were lucky to have a recent visit from Eric, Allison, and Luci. Unfortunately while they were here Luci came down with a bad bug. This is about as perky as she looked all weekend. She is cute and beautiful and sweet even when she isn't feeling well. While the guys were fishing for the day, I followed Allison and Luci around with towels and clorox wipes. I think we did three loads of laundry because poor Luci couldn't keep anything down. Allison was a great sport and very patient. After they left Ian said, "That was a great visit, don't you think?" Well, it was great to see them but those of us who were not on the boat all day weren't sitting around eating bon bons!








We had a fun playdate with Allison and Kai at their house out in the country. They even have a trampoline. Doesn't get much better than that and chasing chickens.



About to get mega-bundled .
Another fun and beautiful day at Mt. Ashland. I can't believe how tough this girl is. Fall after fall after fall and she wants to keep going.


"oNLY mEmBRs uv ILA CUB" said the sign. Translation: "Only members of Ila's club."


All of the animals Ila saved from the flood last Sunday morning. She always has loved her animals.

This week has been a big week of change for us as I went back to work. Ian is staying home with the girls in the morning and going to work after I get home at 11:30. I knew Ila would be fine but of course I thought Opal would not be able to live without me for 4 hours, since I have never been away from her for more than two. Much to my surprise she doesn't even seem to notice that I'm gone. I can't describe how I felt that first day walking through the door to a happy baby. It has been the same every day. And why is it that she will nap for almost 2 hours for Ian? I am so glad we have the opportunity for him to stay home for a few weeks to help with the transition and get some quality time with the girls. He is lucky to have a boss who is more than willing to let him do it...Not me, his other boss.
Opal laughs and squeals all the time. She is grabbing EVERYTHING and can't resist putting whatever it is right into her mouth. She is so close to getting up on her knees. She had her six month appointment this week and besides terrible skin (which she inherited from me) she is doing great. She's close to 20 lbs. and is 26 inches...she finally did some growing in length instead of just width.
Ila LOVES preschool and has made some sweet friends there. She also loves her baby sister which is so fun to see. She told me the other day that she wished she was an orphan so that she could do whatever she wants. First of all, I thought she already did whatever she wanted. Secondly, we told her she would probably only like it for a really short time. She told me today that her stuff was off limits to me, unless I was cleaning it up. Lastly, Ian told her her birthday is in about 80 days and she is planning all kinds of activities. She has always kept us on our toes.
I love being back at work and am so busy there I don't have time to think about home. It feels like a bit of freedom. The kids there are so excited to see me that I almost feel like a celebrity. I really do love my community there and feel connected with my co-workers and so many families.

And Ian...he's awesome!












No comments:

Post a Comment